Friday, March 09, 2007

The Extreme Centrist
Posted on January 9, 2007 at 1:11 PM
Hello everyone, I hope you all had a good holiday and a happy new year. I’m so glad that many of you have voted for democrats and have given us both houses. Thank you very much. I hope it will be a long time before the republicans take control again. I just hope people can remember just how bad the Republican Party were and how they lied so easily to even there own people. I just hope they didn’t screw things up so bad that even the democrats can’t fix it again. What a mess. I’m sure by the time we do fix things that people will forget and the republicans will have another chance to screw things up. It seems like voters have such short memories. Of course I can’t blame everything on the republicans. Like the war on terror. It started long before W. Bush came into office. If you were to listen to some people, you would think W. Bush started it himself by going into Iraq. Yes I believed Colin Powell when he spoke to the U.N. as did most people. Many things went wrong which lead to our being there today. Many mistakes were made after our taking over that country. No matter how many mistakes were made it’s important to remember that we are at war which was started before W. Bush came into office. I can remember well after the first Gulf War how so many people criticized Bush 41 for letting Saddam escape back to Bagdad and claim victory for not being killed. I remember that I was one of the few people who supported Bush 41 for not going into Bagdad at that time. My reason for supporting not going into Bagdad was because we told the world that our mission was to chase Saddam out of Kuwait. We didn’t say anything about going into Bagdad. If we had gone in I’m sure all the people who said that we should have gone in would be the very same people who would be the ones saying that we should not have gone in after hearing the worlds reaction to our invasion. I remember well how we could have killed most of Saddam’s army while they retreated. Can you imagine what the world would have said if we did kill his retreating army? I can remember well how Saddam agreed to let the U. N. inspectors in if we showed mercy. Well be broke his promise and in my opinion this was the main reason for us being there now. Today we have some 3000 plus Americans dead because we showed mercy in the first Gulf War. Perhaps W. Bush wouldn’t have invaded if Saddam had not tried to kill his father, as I’ve heard many say. I’m sure Saddam thought that all he had to do was to survive until Bush 41 left office. I hope that all tyrants who believe this have learned an important lesson about our system of government. In my opinion when we found out how Saddam tried to have Bush 41 killed that that should have been reason enough to have gone to war. When did trying to kill one of our presidents become no big deal? Or when did trying to shot down our planes almost daily become no big deal? What do you think would have happened if Saddam had shot down one of our planes before the second Gulf War or managed to have killed Bush 41? Just because we are the super power of the world doesn’t mean that we are to do nothing when attacked. The only reason the Islamo fascist are at war with us is because they believe we are weak and can be beaten. Who can blame them when we do nothing when attacked? It is for these reasons and many more that I can not blame W. Bush for making his decision to invade. Being a democrat, it would be much easier to blame everything on the Bushes to make my side look better. After all that’s how we play the game. Always blame the other side. The only problem is, is that this is not a game. We may win this war on terror some 100 years from now, but nobody really wins. If we fight back, we are war mongers and if we do nothing we are morons. After 9-11, I remember writing to my wife who lived in China at the time. I had told her that we would first take Afghanistan and then Iraq. Everything has happened as I told her now. I remember well how I felt after 9-11 when people wondered who did this to us and how I felt upset because they didn’t understand that this wasn’t the work of just one person. To me all of the people that would bring harm to my people were guilty. I think that this is how W. Bush must have felt also. Another reason that I felt we should invade Iraq was that after the first Gulf War Saddam would rattle his saber and we would have to drop everything and run back to Iraq whenever he felt like it. Saddam was playing games with us because he saw our weakness and would exploit it when ever possible. Because of this I knew after 9-11 that Saddam had to go. We had to show the world that we weren’t as weak as they thought we were. If we were to have another attack like 9-11 I’m sure many people would say that it’s all Bush’s fault for making people hate us. I’m sure most Americans can’t understand why anyone should hate us before 9-11. We do so much good around the world. How could anyone hate us? I didn’t understand it myself. Now after listen to some of the reasons by some of our enemies I see that it’s because we are richer then most countries. Many of them have a love/ hate kind of feeling that has taken me a while to see. Like some of the poor people who hate the rich but would love to be rich. When they see the rich being knocked down they feel happy because they feel like they deserved it somehow. This is why Saddam can kill millions and it’s no big deal, but when he is hanged people cry out and say how could you do this. It’s a kind of mass madness that we need to deal with. I have read many people saying that things would have been better if we just left him in power. In other words, millions die no big deal. When I hear this kind of talk I wish that I could find one of Saddam’s many mass graves and then rub there nose in it. I wish that they could witness all of the unthinkable things that he did to people and then see how much they love him. I guess that this is part of the the weakness that they see in us. This kind of weakness reminds me of something I heard in a speech once. The speaker said that the opposite of love was not hate but indifference. People can hate Saddam and after seeing him hanged can have strong feelings about it. Then these same people can look at some of the photos of the people that Saddam has killed and have almost no feelings about these poor people. To be honest, I believe that W. Bush did rush to war. I also believe that he wanted to believe the bad intelligence that was given to him to justify going to war. Not so much as wanted but would believe all the bad stuff and over look anything that may have favored Saddam. As with me, he must have felt that Saddam had to go and he let himself believe that he was the dangerous person that most of us though back then. After all, a man that could gas his own people should have no problem gassing his enemies. Like a man holding an empty gun and pointing it at the police. Holding a gun and saying that it’s not loaded while standing on a pile of dead bodies. Not only that but we ask the man if the U.N. person could look to make sure that there are no bullets and him refusing to let them check. After refusing we can only believe that he must be lying. Only a fool could think otherwise. Even though I believe that he did rush to war, I cannot say that I would have done anything different to a mass murder that tried to kill my father. As with myself, I believe that W. Bush felt strongly that he could no longer tolerate his refusal to cooperate with the U.N. and had to show the world that we are serious about what we say. Libya is a good example of what I’m talking about. Another thing that most people may not think about is that things are much different today then the past. The world is much smaller and smarter then in the past. Today atomic weapons can be made in the size of a suitcase. I may be different than others when they wonder if the U.S. could be hit with an atomic weapon. I believe that it’s not ‘if’, but when and how many times. I do not wish to wait around until we are hit before getting serious about this problem. That’s why I believe it’s very important to let the U.N. inspectors do there job. After all, the U.N. represents the world, not just the U.S. I’m sure you must have heard many times people ask, “What makes the U.S. think it’s the world police?” I believe the answer to this question is that after two world wars that we didn’t want to be a part of, we found that we had to enter. Being that we are the only superpower of the world, it is our responsibility to do whatever we can to do the right thing. Too many people gave there lives for us to forget the lessons we’ve learned. This isn’t just about the 3000 plus lives that we’ve already lost in Iraq, but also about all the lives we’ve lost after World War One. Just because we have cameras that show us the horror of war in seconds doesn’t mean that we should forget about all of the other Americas who gave there lives so we can be where we are today. If you were listening to the reports about the recent hanging of Saddam you may remember the first filming without sound. At that time it seemed like everything with well. Not long after that we started seeing the camera phone pictures where you could hear the voices of the witnesses which got so many people upset. Just think if that second film was never made. I don’t think there would be so many people upset in the Middle East because with the second film you can hear the people shouting insults. Just think about that. This man named the Butcher of Bagdad can get so many people upset because he was hanged in a very human way. This so called person who would do so many unthinkable things to so many people should have these people cry and protest because a few people shouted some insults. How dare these people think that they are so much better than the rest of the world. These people that shout with joy after 9-11. These people that cut off our peoples heads, beat, drag and hang there dead bodies with so much joy. These people that use rape as just another part of government. How in hell could anybody believe that these people have anything to do with God? Theses sick perverts of religion. I for one will not keep silent because I believe that if there is a God, he would want me and everyone else to speak up for him. These people that believe that if you don’t join there religion that you should have your head cut off. How many of there people would be with another religion if they didn’t have this threat. Before you go to meet your maker you had better recognize this difference, I believe. Either God is a kind merciful God or he is a hateful merciless God. I believe that if someone turns in to a Muslim because he doesn’t want his head cut off, that this is truly not a real conversion. If a person cannot use there free will to decide such an important decision then it can not be considered real. So if someone tells you that you can join there religion or have your head cut off, then go ahead and say that you will join because the true God would never consider this legitimate. These people are obviously using God to legitimize there sick violence. Sure we have sick people here that use God also but not anything like these people. I know that most Muslims worship God in the proper way and I’m sure that these people have nothing to fear from God. I have a great respect for anyone who worships God in the proper way. After all, we all have the same God no matter what religion you may be with. I believe we have so many religions because we are not meant to know the true God. I don’t think anybody has a monopoly on religion. To me religion is set of laws that are formed after many years of civility. Take just one of the Ten Commandments. Thou shall not kill. Was it ok to kill someone before having this rule. Maybe it was but in time people understood that this was not something that God would want. In time of war we also know that it’s alright to kill so we can survive. Also we punish people for murder. Is this not the same as killing during a war? So this rule can not be taken literally. We should know the difference. After all if we were to take it literally we would most likely starve to death. The only thing we could eat would be fruit and some vegetables; as long as it didn’t kill the plant. Even Jesus is said to have feed his group with fish which I’m sure were living at one time. Lets face it, we live in a eat or be eaten world. Just imagine if we didn’t kill unwanted cats and dogs. We would see poor suffering animals all around us. I love animals and that’s why I support the humane society and the dirty job that they must do. Perhaps you feel differently. Perhaps you would prefer to live in a world full of starving animals so that you could feel better about yourself. If you’ve ever seen a poor starving dog like I have then I’m sure you would change your mind. I’ll never be able to get that sad scene out of my mind as long as I live because I love animals so much. So why should I have so much love for a dog that I saw and not for the poor people killed by Saddam? Just because I didn’t see one of these poor people with my own eyes doesn’t mean that I can’t love them also. Nobody ever had to tell dolphins that they should be kind to humans. A dolphin just knows because there born that way much the same way as humans understands that thou shall not kill is something we should all understand in our hearts. If that same dolphin saw a human trying to kill there mate, then I’m sure that they would have no problem in defending there mate and try and kill that human. Humans, I believe are the same way. When I see someone like Saddam killing my fellow humans then I attack like my dolphin friend, if at all possible. If I could go back in time, then I would have no problem in putting a bullet through Hitler’s head because I understand when it’s alright to kill. How many of you could say the same thing? If you could not then that’s understandable. Not everyone could kill another human. What I can’t understand is the person that would try and stop me from killing this monster. That’s the difference between me and someone with a holier than thou attitude like so many of us have. If you were to be able to go back in time and find yourself with a loaded gun and looking at a young Hitler perhaps you would not kill him because you believe that it is wrong to kill and you may go to hell. Maybe you wouldn’t kill him because you didn’t want to loose your life. Maybe you wouldn’t kill him because you hate the Jews or you just didn’t care about them. Maybe you just don’t care about all of the allies and civilians that will be killed. Which category would you fall under? I believe that most American would fall under the ‘just don’t care or indifference category. As with Iraq, I believe most people would think that these are not Americans, so why should I care. I think that most people only care about themselves or there own people. The problem is that we are fighting people who strap bombs to themselves believing that this is what God would want them to do. Much like the W.W.II Japanese kamikaze pilots only these people target civilians. Just what do these people want? What will it take to make them stop? Do they really think that we are just going to run and hide and wait to be attacked? Do they really think that we are all going to become Muslims in order to stop there attacks? Perhaps they would stop if we were to stop helping Israel so they could drive them into the sea. Even if they were able to drive Israel into the sea do you really think that they would stop there? They would just see America as the new Israel. The only thing that will stop these people is to be able to start World War III and the only way to stop that is to give them a taste of just how bad war really is. I understand that what we do today will not be appreciated for many years to come. Just look how much the French love us after liberating them in WWII. Were still waiting. It’s one thing to give lip service and another to put your life on the line for the freedom of others. It’s not hard to understand why so many Americans would prefer to just slap an ‘American for peace’ bumper sticker on there car and blame Bush for 9-11. It’s sure is easier to blame Bush than having to try to understand the truth.

No comments: