Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Today someone at the University of Texas wrote a letter to the school newspaper stating how they were sick of hearing everyone talking about how good Ann Richards was because they are against the death penalty and while Governor she didn’t stop an execution of some murderer. This, only a few days after her death. I wanted to share with you a letter that I sent in today to this same paper. : “In his letter Quent Reese used the death of governorAnn Richards to make his point about the death penalty being wrong. I can understand how someone could have strong feelings about this subject but how dare he bad mouth such a great lady when so many of us are dealing with her loss. To me Ann Richards was the greatest governor Texas has ever had because she opened the doors of government to all the people. Perhaps he would have preferred Clayton Williams to have won the governors race instead. Remember Clayton Williams? He is the right winger who said that a woman should relax and enjoy it when being raped. Today we have the far left telling us how we should relax and enjoy it when being murdered. This reminded me of when I worked with a bunch of far right republicans at the Center for Electromagnetic. When the news came out about John Lennon being killed there were several of them that couldn’t help but tell me how wonderful they thought it was that he had be murdered, just to make me upset. To the far left and the far right I would just like to say that you have the right to say whatever you like. You are both exactly the same. I can’t help but wonder what makes these people think that they are winning points for there side by kicking us when were down. The answer of course is that they don’t care about winning points. They only want to spew out there extreme ignorance until we all must endure the stench that they must live with ever day. After reading this letter I am now even more convinced that we must always have the death penalty. Thank God for Govenor Ann Richards. Russell Berwick U.T.Staff"

No comments: